Sunday, August 14, 2005

Rolfing

Kazu visits Yoga Garden!
Have you ever heard of Rolfing? I know, it sounds like something you do when you have food poisoning, but it's named after the lady who invented it, Ida P. Rolf. The name she prefered was "structual integration."

When we opened our studio we tried to find all the other alternative health businesses in our area to let them know about us, and that's how we met Rolfing Kazu. His Rolfing studio is a few minutes up Motomachi street from our place.

So, the idea of Rolfing is that you can correct posture and alignment by working with the outer sheath of tissue (the fascia) surrounding the muscles. Using pressure and long strokes, the facsia is smoothed out and moved into a more efficient position. I was kind of sceptical at first, but I've been "getting Rolfed" for a few weeks now, and the results are amazing. My body is moving much more easily, as if all my joints have been oiled. And my posture is getting much better. I still have 5 more sessions before I finish the Rolfing course, so I'll keep you updated!
If you want to know more about Rolfing, you can visit the Rolfing Institute's homepage.
And here is a link to Kazu's studio.

Patrick

Yoga Garden

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! You guys look great! Rolfing and yoga are doing wonders for your posture. Very interesting stuff! Keep up the adventures in Motomachi! I love hearing about all of the most recent happenings.

Cheers,
Cheryl